Monday, December 4, 2017

嬉しい過ぎる🌞

ヤッホー

Monday was my last zone activity! It was way fun. we have a tradition in the mission that when you go home you get pied in the face by your comp at Zone Activity. Sooooo, I got pied! Twice!! Greenhalgh Shimai pied me and then since *rewind to march* I pied Conover Choro on his birthday, they decided it was only fair he got revenge, so he pied me too. I never knew it was possible to have so much cream shoved up your nose- hahaha. 

Tuesday was my last Zone Conference and it was so amazing. Kaicho started out by talking about suffering and sacrifice. And how the savior didn't hold back from suffering and sacrificing for us, we shouldn't hold anything back from serving Him even if it means a little suffering and little sacrifice. 

He told a story about when he was a stake president, a missionary had just come home and had come straight from the airport to his office to be released. The missionary had dirt covered shoes that were falling apart and flapped every time he walked. He asked the missionary why he didn't come home in some nicer shoes and the missionary told him they were the nicest shoes he had. Kaicho said "those shoes were just one token of the suffering and sacrifice this missionary had made on his mission" 

I looked down at my own worn out, mud stained shoes with the heel hanging off the bottom and was overwhelmed with gratitude for everything I've been through the past 18 months. It wasn't anything near what He suffered for me but I'm grateful I got to suffer and sacrifice just a tiny bit for Him. 

"I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. … How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him?” Jeffrey R Holland 

愛してるよ!

リグビー姉妹

Pie!!









No comments:

Post a Comment