Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Investateacher- What's So Fun About Being Normal?

Konnichiwa Kazoku to Tomodachi!

Life is peachy here at the MTC. The days feel like weeks but the weeks go pretty fast. Some days are harder than others but the Japanese is coming and it's pretty exciting!

Remember our golden investigator Ōta San?? Well. Turns out he's not really Ōta San or an investigator. He speaks perfect English and just got home from serving a mission in Japan. He's now our SENSEI!!!!!! Hahaha tricky tricky MTC. His name is Strauss Kyōdai (Brother Strauss). He's such a great teacher so we forgive him for lying to us. One day he told us we were going to have class outside so we walked outside and he just starts sprinting and yelling at us to follow. We sprinted around the whole MTC. In skirts. It was so great-hahaha. 

Sunday night we had a devotional by the Nashville Tribute Band. They started singing songs from their Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet album and it instantly took me back to when I was young and couldn't fall asleep unless I was listening to that album. I bawled the whole devotional. It reminded me of the testimony I have of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know he saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know he was called of God to restore the true gospel to the Earth. "I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it" JSH 1:25. There is no one that could ever get me to deny that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. 

Monday was the hardest day so far. All I wanted to do was be with my family picking up my brother. I was really frustrated with everything and just wanted to go home. I knew I could be with my family, I could be with my friends and I could be a normal teenager. But what's so fun about being normal :) I know I'm doing a much more important work. Plus for 30 minutes I got to be with my brother while we were both still missionaries and that's something I'll never forget!

I'm so grateful for all the love and support! I love reading your letters and emails! Thank you, thank you!!

ai shite masu!

Rigby Shimai

Favorite quote of the week: "If you want to know if Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, just pray and ask Heavenly Father. He was there." 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment