Wednesday, August 3, 2016

1/3 Of The Way To Japan!

Dear Family,

こたちわ かぞく!!

3 weeks down 6 to go here in the MTC! 

This week our daisenpai, Nihongins and Elder Free left for Japan :( I didn't think it would be hard to say bye to people I've only known for 3 weeks but it most definitely was. When you literally spend 24/7 with the same people they quickly become your family. Japan is getting some really amazing missionaries this week!

One morning at breakfast I was sitting across from an Elder going to Argentina. He was reading a letter about all the awful things going on in the real world. He read about a stabbing in Japan and then looked up and saw my badge and the look on my face and felt so bad. He apologized 100 times and then said "This is why were here. The world needs the peace and joy and hope that only comes from this gospel." Amen. That Elder is now one of my best friends!

Last night at the devotional our choir sang Lead, Kindly Light. My favorite line is "The night is dark and I am far from home; lead thou me on! Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me." I don't need to know what the next 18 months hold for me but I have faith and trust that God knows what He is doing and He won't let me fail. One step at a time!

Yesterday we taught one of our investigators, Shimobayashi San. She hasn't been willing to pray which is a challenge. We went in and testified like crazy and sang I Am a Child of God. (keep in mind all of this is happening in Japanese) The spirit was SOOOO strong. She prayed right then and there! It was awesome. I could've sat in that room in silence the whole day. Im so lucky I get to feel that all the time for the next 18 months. This church is true! 

I could write 5 pages of all the awesome and hilarious things that happen here but I wont do that to you :) just know I'm happy and love being a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ!

あいしています!

Rigby Shimai

"As certainly as there is a God in heaven, this gospel will go forth unto the ends of the earth." Gordon B. Hinckley



No comments:

Post a Comment