Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week 8- Return of the Tree

こにちわ! 

12 days! We get our flight plans FRIDAYYY!!!! So pumped. Chotto terrified because my Nihongo is gomi. Luckily my District President just got back from Sapporo and the stories he was telling me got me so excited that I don't even care that my Nihongo is gomi because I'm going to Japan and how cool beans is that!!! It's gonna be such a great adventure :) 

This week I learned some very important words for my mission: 

Tōshi- to freeze to death
Yuki- Snow
Tōshō- frostbite

Stay tuned because in a few months I'll be in for the biggest shock of my life. I've heard so many horror stories about winters in Sapporo the past few weeks. Challenge accepted. Gotta love being a frozen chosen :)

This week we had a district of all elders come in that are all going to Sapporo!! Yay! We took them to the cream soda tree their first day and they all thought we were crazy. Until they smelled it :)

I was reading an article about the Sapporo Temple this week and I loved this part, Yukonobu Sato said "Members in the temple district have strong faith and commitment. The size of the temple district is small, especially compared with the size of the temple. I have thought about why. This is God’s investment. He knows the growth that is possible.”

I feel so blessed that God chose me to be apart of that growth!! The people of Hokkaido are being prepared to receive the gospel and I get to be the one to bring it to them! How cool. God is good! 

あいしてます!

Rigby しまい

"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever accomplished without enthusiasm" Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments:

Post a Comment