Tuesday, July 18, 2017

1 Year Later!

My name is whit rig and I'm a family history addict.

Yesterday at church we were sitting in a lesson about missionary work and Yuki told us the story of when she met us. She said the week before she met us she was so lonely and sad that she didn't leave her apartment for a week. Then she met us, learned the gospel, was baptized and her whole life changed. She was happier than she'd ever been, she was able to start making friends in school and the church members became her family. It was sooo sweet to hear how grateful she is for the gospel. Then she said "im never ever going to forget Rigby and Frank Shimai. They'll be my best friends forever." MY HEART. I love Yuki.

THIS WEEK I HIT MY YEAR MARK WHAAATTTT. It's been the craziest year of my life. Learning a language I never thought I'd learn and loving a people and culture I wasn't sure if I'd ever love. I've had the highest highs and the lowest lows of my life and I've learned more than I could ever imagine. I've made the best friends I could ever ask for. There's no one quite like the frozen chosen:) Most importantly I've come to know that Gods love is real and Jesus Christ is sure proof of that. The Book of Mormon changes lives. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christ's true church on the earth today. And I am super blessed to know that!!! I can't imagine life without the peace and happiness this gospel brings, especially in the world we live in. I love getting to share that every day, even though it's breaks my heart into a million pieces every time we get rejected (which is 99.9% of the time). Can't wait for these next 6 months :)

So back to the addict thing... this week we were with the elders and someone brought up family history and long story short, we all downloaded the app and we're all ADDICTED. seriously it's all we do with our free time. Gosh I love family history. You all should look into that stuff!!

じゃね!

リグビ姉妹

"To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived- that is to have succeeded"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

1- We teach these cuties English
2- My bfffffffffffffffs




No comments:

Post a Comment