Sunday, September 18, 2016

I'm in Japan

Hellooooo from JAPAN!

It's been the craziest week to say the least. I'll try to sum it up as best as I can...

Last Sunday was our last day in the MTC. Everything we did had me in tears because I didn't want to leave. I had the best MTC experience and met the best people in the world. Saying goodbye was sooo hard. I don't think I've ever cried so much in one day.

Monday morning we left for Japan! We had some Japanese people sitting in front of us and we were able to teach one of them the first lesson and give him a Book of Mormon! It was soo cool.

 When we landed in Sapporo we met our Mission President and his wife Aka, the most amazing people on earth. The APs took us on the subway to the mission home which is on the Temple grounds. I'll never forget seeing my temple all lit up for the first time. It's the most beautiful temple in the world!


The next day I met my trainer and got assigned to my first area. I'm serving in Shinkotoni with Sister Massey. Our area covers the busiest part of Sapporo, clear out to the country side. It's awesome. 

The first day was rough. Like -I want to curl up in a ball on the floor and never move again- rough. The second day didn't start much better. Then I decided I was going to smile and say hi to every single person I passed. Attitude really is everything! I instantly felt better and started to love what I was doing.

Everyone here is so nice! Everyone rejects us in the nicest ways. One lady even gave us a bag of candy. Almost everyone likes to tell me I'm cute, probably because I look like a lost puppy just standing there smiling and nodding my head (I don't understand anything)

Missionary work is hard hard hard but I love it. We meet the most amazing people and see miracles every day. I love being an instrument in Gods hands and I love making people's day better. Even if it's because they think an American girl riding a bike in a skirt and speaking awful Japanese is hilarious.
:)

I love you all!!

Rigby Shimai

"Don't be discouraged, be filled with courage" -Neil L Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment