Monday, September 26, 2016

Bike vs Pole

Konnichiwa!

It's been another great week in Shinkotoni! I've managed to crash full speed into 3 poles so far while riding my bike. It's always a fun experience- hahah. My companion probably thinks I'm the clumsiest person ever. It'll be a miracle if I make it out of here alive.

On Wednesday nights we teach Eikiwa aka English Class. I love it so much. We were teaching them how to say "mountain" and they all started laughing when I said it. My companion had to explain that in Utah we don't say our T's. :) They got a good kick out of that and made me say it over and over and over- hahaha.

This week we met a cute old man while housing. Apparently, he said he didn't really want to hear our message but I thought my companion was looking at me to start the lesson so I just started and she followed. We taught him the Restoration and the spirit was soo strong and it was awesome. He said he felt the spirit and would read the Book of Mormon!! He's so great I love him!

One lady we stopped on the streets saw me and started trying to speak English but the only words she could say were Obama, church & nuclear bomb. I don't even want to know what she was trying to say....

I hope everyone has a beautiful General Conference weekend this week! We don't get to watch it till next weekend so don't spoil it for me. :)
But in honor of GC you should all go read my all time favorite general conference talk "The First Great Commandment" by Jeffery R Holland.

You won't regret it :)

Ai shite imasu!

Rigby Shimai

"If we give our heart to God, if we love the Lord Jesus Christ, if we do the best we can to live the gospel, then tomorrow--and every other day--is ultimately going to be magnificent, even if we don't always recognize it as such. Why? Because our Heavenly Father wants it to be! He wants to bless us. A rewarding, abundant, and eternal life is the very object of His merciful plan for His children! It is a plan predicated on the truth that all things work together for good to them that love God. So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." -Jeffrey R Holland


2 comments:

  1. Utah mountains are the same as Utah mittens - no T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is because the prophet said no T. ;-)

      Delete