Monday, February 6, 2017

I Think I'm Turning Japanese!

こんにちは!

This week we saw soooo many cool little miracles and met a ton of awesome people! It was another cold and really windy week. To the point that the muscles in my face froze. You know when you go to the dentist and they numb your mouth and you can't move your face for a few hours? That's what it felt like.  I had to sit by the heater and massage my face just to be able to eat. 

Wednesday I got to go to Toyohira on splits with Hackett Shimai it was the best EVER. We both have Japanese comps right now so 24 hours of straight English was Heaven. We taught Eikiawa and I went on splits with Conover choro and Blackely choro and helped them teach the advance class. I got to pick my favorite "I'm a Mormon" video so naturally I picked Chad Lewis and we talked about surrounding yourself with greatness. It was very motivational:) "I believe one of the most important things I can do in my life is surround myself with greatness. I believe that through great challenges, great things can happen" 

I'm officially Japanese because I now like mugicha... (The burnt popcorn drink). 

We met with Uenishi San a few times this week and are finishing up getting her prepared for her baptism February 25! Yesterday we picked out her baptism dress:) 

Having a Japanese companion is a lot of fun because you get to teach them things like "I got a pickle, I got a pickle, I got a pickle hey hey hey hey" and what leprechauns are and fun things like that :) but the downside is my English is awful.... it's just gonna get worse from here so I'll just apologize now! 

Japan is starting to feel like home and I'm super excited for this year! Today we are heading to Sapporo for Yuki Matsuri!! (Snow festival) it's the biggest event of the year so I'm PUMPED!! ❄❄❄❄❄

愛しています!

リグビ姉妹




Apparently there's a holiday here where you throw beans at demons and eat these things(I forgot what they're called) 

Splits, we may have gotten lost in Sapporo Eki for an hour.....😬

Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment